BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Viruses And Anti-Virus

Recently, I had a few problems with viruses in pen drives and my laptop. I had to reformat my pen drive for about three or four times because of the viruses. The Cybercentre is a breeding ground for dangerous viruses but I really need to print my things there.

Anyway, I decided to download a few Anti-Virus Programs today. Namely, Avast 4.8 Home and Avira AntiVir Personal. I had also downloaded Spybot - Search & Destroy.

Finally, I discovered the way to update my AVG Free through the proxy server.

Now, I'm scanning my laptop and my friend's pen drives and quite a number of viruses were found. But the virus kept on appearing in my pen drive although I had just formatted it. I give up.

Avira is quite good but I can't update through the proxy server and it gives out a very loud beep sound everything a virus is detected. The sound gives me a fright. Therefore, I'm a little annoyed with it.

With Avast, I am still testing it with a quick scan of my laptop. I'll report later.

0 comments: