BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Removing Autorun.inf From USB Flash Drive

I have been trying for over one hour to remove that virus from my pen drive but to no avail even though I read a few websites on that particular topic. But it was not in vain, as it gives me a few ideas on how to remove it from my pen drive.

First, I launch Safe Mode in my laptop. To see whether it is still in the USB, I ran a virus scan. Yes, it's still there although I tried to heal and remove it into Quarantine.

And then, I opened my USB and there's a file or whatever you called it named autorun.inf in the USB. Just deleted it and voila ! The virus is gone. Or that is what I believe because when I scanned the USB again, there's no infection from the virus.

I think that this method only works in Safe Mode because I'm unable to see the virus file in normal mode.

0 comments: